Monday 9 August 2010

Alright, here we go

Alright, here we go.

Day 0, its 2 am and I'm flying out in 16hrs. A year's worth of meticulous preparation and artful procrastination has come down to the last week's worth of farewells, baggage allowances and numerous "stay safe"s.

Doubts, I've had a few but here I am on the precipice. Fast forward a year and I am not sure what I will achieve, but it promises to be quite a ride. The adventure into what is pretty much the unknown is a good reason to be concerned but it is the thought of everything I leave behind that unsettles my stomach. Family, friends, flat, food and anything else that could be alliterated.

Over the coming months I hope to be more coherent with my thoughts, entertaining with my words and creative with images. This first post is just the bare bones, but I expect it to flesh out, much as I will with my experiences.

Goodbye to all my friends and family, I will see you in 2011.

Laters

Ruben


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4hsC0nRvZM

7 comments:

  1. Don't know what any of that meant. Please articulate better next time.

    Miss you already.

    I think i left my toothpaste at yours.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, enjoy the ride that is the next 12/12 (as I promise to do so back here).

    P.S. As Jeff said, try not to get shot (amongst the things we adviced you not to do).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck Rubs, but do us all a favour and forget those useless years of journalism and start writing like a real person instead of a #%$@ing journalist ("here I am on the precipice"), this isn't the Guardian mate ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude I gotta sound like I have half a brain cell, besides how do u know about the guardian, I thought you were more of a Daily Star person!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, you don't, but a quarter should do. Plus you know I don't read, but if I did I would read the daily mail ;)

    ReplyDelete